Chapters

Friday, December 3, 2010

Link Spam

Yes, as promised to myself in another bloggers comments I'm posting a bunch of links. Why? Because it's my blog and I can. Also, they're amusing. At least they are to me. I will post a somewhat descriptive title so you're not walking into any crazy weird places that make you fear for your life (or sanity.) Fear not. There may be multiple links per entry to emphasize certain points.


This author is an English teacher's worst nightmare. Apparently, however, people actually like his stuff! I'm thinking conspiracy theorist meets Pre-K.

For your musical amusement I present Failing Hard Drive Sounds. When you get multiple tracks going it sounds very techno. Try it out!

I love Flow Charts. They make me happy. There are some good ones online, but I prefer XKCDs version.

I'm not a huge English-y, poetry, yada yada fan. But I do love one author and her fellow Deadline Dames. They write urban fantasy. Lilith Saintcrow's single greatest achievement however is her Squirrel Terror blogs. If you want to laugh until your sides hurt and you share a fear/amusement of squirrels, you can check them out on her blog here. (Make sure you check the dates and start from the beginning.)

I love sarcasm. I actually thought this article was real until I thought about it... Is Your Son a Computer Hacker?


All in all this list just reminds me that I have to get all of my bookmarks in one place. I have PostIt notes and folders full of references I need to organize. Not to mention my old laptop needs to be cleaned out and have the preferences transferred to my new one (which should have happened over a year ago, but I'm forgetful like that.) And on my new computer I have bookmarks in FireFox and Chrome. Really. How am I supposed to keep track of these? (Not to mention all the links I share on my Facebook.)

So, dear reader, what do you think? How do you manage your favorite sites online? Do you have a jumbled mess of bookmarks like I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment